Smudges, smears, and fingerprints? We’ve all been there.
You know the feeling of wondrous clairvoyance you get when you clean your lenses for the first time in a long time? Why don’t we treat ourselves to such a blissful experience more often?
Your lenses don’t ever need to be in a state of disaster. A little spray and wipe from our cleaning kit, on the go, and you can ensure the longest life for your lenses! When you’re back home, and want to get down to actually cleaning them, a bit of warm water and dish soap are the way to go.
We’ve listed out a few common guidelines that are generally good rules to follow:
- Clean lenses regularly with warm water, and a drop of dish detergent.
(dry with a clean, soft cotton cloth, like a handkerchief, or a microfiber cloth)
- Launder any cloth routinely according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a hard-shell case that is the right size for your glasses (like ours)!
- Don’t wipe RX lenses when they’re dry.
(dust or debris on the surface of your cleaning cloth can scratch your lenses)
- Don’t wipe with tissues, paper towels, or paper napkins. Their surfaces will scratch up your lenses!
- Don’t clean your lenses with ammonia, bleach, vinegar, or window cleaner. They can eat away at your lens coatings (anti-reflective, UV, etc)
Every order includes a free cleaning kit, to keep your lenses in top condition!